.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Booklets - As Soon As ...

"As soon as" can be a great scapegoat when it comes to writing, producing, and marketing your booklet. Here are some frequent "as soon as" hooks that would-be booklet authors have clung to, keeping them from moving forward.

As soon as...
  • I learn how to do a booklet
  • I have the time to write
  • I have the money to get it edited/designed/printed
  • the kids are back in school
  • the holidays are over
  • I have a website
  • I finish all the other projects I'm doing
  • I start my own business
  • I choose my topic
  • I know how I want to market it
... and, well, you get the idea.

Each one of those above bullet points can have some degree of merit and each one can be overcome once completing your booklet is a true priority for you.

That priority shifts when you see the benefit the booklet can provide to you and to those who will receive it. Next time you notice yourself going to some flavor of "as soon as," ask yourself the real question of what you want your booklet to accomplish. When that becomes clear, your priority is very likely to change and you'll find yourself getting your booklet done in no time at all, easily, effortlessly, and enjoyably.

Until next time,
Paulette - looking forward to seeing your booklet soon rather than "as soon as"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home