.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Consistency - Highly Overrated?

My former life partner was fond of saying consistency is highly overrated. Note, he's my former life partner, and this is one of many things on which we had differing opinions. As much as I thrive on variety in life in general, there are some places I believe it's better to be consistent. Writing and promoting your booklet are among those places.

There's a particular writing style that is very effective, which I strongly encourage:"One sentence starting with a positive verb, followed by no more than two sentences explaining why or how."

On promoting your booklet, I subscribe to John Kremer's approach of doing a little bit every day or as frequently as makes sense for you. Contact 3 or 5 places to marketing and promote your work 3 or 5 days a week. John's signature book is "1001 Ways to Market Your Book." By his own admission no one can do everything in the book.

Is consistency overrated? Nah, I don't think so.

Until next time,Paulette -- who really did learn lots of good things from her former life partner, as well as a few not-so-useful things

http://www.tipsbooklets.com/

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home