.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Life's Little Microcosm

Doing public speaking brings many bonuses beyond the anticipated ones. Last week I had the honor of speaking at a conference. Two different experiences with two different attendees particularly jumped out at me worth sharing with you here today.

1. "I'm 89 years old [he easily looked at least 20 years younger.] I want to know about how to pass the ownership of my book on to someone after my demise." [which sure didn't look or sound like it was going to be anytime soon.]

DIFFERENT PERSON:

2."Do you have a discount on your materials for those of us who can't afford it?"[This from a person who got on a plane to attend the conference, paid the conference fee, stayed overnight someplace, and came from a non-profit which apparently expects concsssions 'just because.' I told him I didn't have a discount.]

I am guessing that Person #2 is going to have a very different publishing experience than Person #1 has had. It's probably going to be pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy, too, I'm guessing.
What's YOUR attitude? Yes, it matters.

Until next time,
Paulette - always happy to be reminded of the choices available in life
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home