.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Booklets - Your Company Policies

One of the best things about having your own business whether it's focused on booklets or not is that you get to choose. You get to decide what works for you. You get to do it your way. Some people worry that will cost them business. The odds are high that if it does cost you business with booklets or any other part of your business, it's more than compensated for by the additional business you generate by doing what works for you.

Just because "all the other kids are doing it" doesn't mean you have to. I mean that as a colleague not a parent when I say that, though it may remind you of a parent saying that, or even you saying it to your own kid(s). I know a very successful speaker, for instance, who refused to create a demo video even though that was/is a standard thing to do in the professional speaking industry. And this person carved out a unique niche and thrives more than most, still with no demo video.

Here are a few things that are included in my business policies related to booklets and my overall business:

  • The minimum number of tips booklets I sell is 100 copies. I am not in the single-copy fulfillment business anymore, not even at a speaking engagement.
  • The earliest phone or the rare in-person appointment I make is usually 10 am Pacific, with the occasional exception of 9 am. Breakfast is always at home and not part of a meeting with anyone, as in "I don't do breakfast meetings." The only exception to that is once in awhile if I'm at an event and it's someone I really want to meet with and that's the only possible time. I generally ease into my day with a range of things to ground me and put my mind in forward motion. It's for your benefit and mine that I take that time first.
  • Evenings and weekends are for re-charging my batteries so I am more able to provide good service and be innovative the rest of the week. There is a rare time I'll do a speaking engagement on a weekend, and there has to be a good reason to do that.
  • Most of my products (aka Learning Tools) are now downloadable, with permission given for the client to print them out if they'd like. This allows you, the client to get the product instantly, to start benefiting faster, with less overhead influencing the price.
Those are a few of my business policies. What are yours?

Until next time,
Paulette - who sent someone a PDF today instead of selling them a single hard copy because I'm not in the single-copy fulfillment business, no matter how much begging or disbelief happened





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home