.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Booklet Failures

A colleague recently shared a perspective with me that's useful to pass along, and is applicable to all parts of your business and mine, particularly when it comes to your booklet. I don't know where this originally came from so cannot give any attribution. Here it is:

There are no failures, only experiments.

I suspect you're like me, that you've made many starts with your business and maybe even your booklet. It's not uncommon for me to speak with a booklet author or prospective booklet author who wants to be sure to do it all the "right way." Wanting to do it the "right way" can cripple any and all forward motion. There is no "right way." There's ways that work better than other ways, and you will find what works best for you.

When it comes to booklets, there are so many variables and so many approaches. I found some ways that worked for me. By the way, I also found a whole lot of ways that didn't work. That's the stuff that can sometimes get lost in the shuffle. There were things that seemed and still seem logical that never came to be. There were other things I never could have anticipated that were fabulous. I just kept going, experimenting with all kinds of things -- and still do.

My Collection of Experts tips booklet service is a prime example of about 4 years of experimentation until the right packaging and right pricing appeared. Before that it just never happened. Now it is, in a big way.

Go do some experimenting, and keep doing it.

Until next time,
Paulette - who built a business on one experiment after another
www.tipsbooklets.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home