.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Booklet Tips From Paulette

Writing, producing, and promoting tips booklets for marketing, motivating, and making money.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Booklet Reasons or Results

"My dog ate my homework." Isn't that one of the oldest excuses in the world for not accomplishing the results that were expected of you? For some, it's become a humorous way to express missing the mark on a due date. For others, it's often a major annoyance, a cop-out. All the reasons (aka excuses) in the world don't change the results. It doesn't matter how good the excuse. Yes, there are times when an emergency happens, and it is literally impossible to do what you said you would when you said you'd do it. However, more often than not, it's a matter of a zillion stories you tell yourself and anyone who will listen, stories that seem completely reasonable. See if some of these resonate for you:

* I don't have enough information to finish the booklet.
* I've got too much information and don't know what to leave out.
* It's not written well enough for people to want it.
* I'm not a writer.
* It doesn't go into enough depth for people to want it.
* My wife/husband/significant other thinks writing a booklet is a waste of time.
* I have too much to do in my life to write 3500 words.
* I don't know how to sell it.
* I don't have a website yet for my business.
* I'm an unknown in my field.

Anything there sound like stories you've told yourself? If so, you're busted! They are stories. They are not results. Each and every one of the 10 items in the above list has a solution if a booklet is really the result you're committed to having.

So, what's the truth for you? Reasons or results?

Until next time,
Paulette - reflecting on the stories some people offered with their belated birthday wishes this week :-)

www.CollectionOfExperts.com
www.PublishingProsperity.com
www.tipsbooklets.com
Follow me www.twitter.com/pauletteensign

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home